Diablo II: Resurrected South Asia Press Event (April 19)
Blizzard Entertainment held a South Asia Press Event online (likely via Zoom app) where media outlets were able to interview Andre Abrahamian (game designer) and Matthew Cederquist (game producer) about Diablo II: Resurrected.
This press event seems to have been held a day after D2R tech alpha ended. It seems there was an embargo date to publish the Q&A today. So don’t expect a lot of new info.
- Hard-coded elements in the original game were transfered into Data, making them easier to mod.
- No plans at the moment to add new end-game content.
- No Auction House.
- Diablo II: Resurrected will run at 60fps in consoles.
- Nearly 28 minutes of D2R cinematics will be rebuilt from scratch including Lord of Destruction expansion’s.
- Diablo II: Resurrected will be released in 2021. No exact date for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and PC launches.