Blizzard Entertainment held a South Asia Press Event online (likely via Zoom app) where media outlets were able to interview Andre Abrahamian (game designer) and Matthew Cederquist (game producer) about Diablo II: Resurrected.
This press event seems to have been held a day after D2R tech alpha ended. It seems there was an embargo date to publish the Q&A today. So don’t expect a lot of new info.
- Hard-coded elements in the original game were transfered into Data, making them easier to mod.
- No plans at the moment to add new end-game content.
- No Auction House.
- Diablo II: Resurrected will run at 60fps in consoles.
- Nearly 28 minutes of D2R cinematics will be rebuilt from scratch including Lord of Destruction expansion’s.
- Diablo II: Resurrected will be released in 2021. No exact date for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and PC launches.
Hope you enjoyed this article. Please, support Blizzplanet on Patreon (monthly) or PayPal (once), and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch for daily Blizzard games news updates.