Blizzard Entertainment revealed the contents of the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector’s Edition. Follow this link to pre-order while supplies last.
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PC/Mac Game (DVD-Rom)
- Exclusive In-Game Content:
- Diablo III Spectral Hound minion
- Diablo III Trio of Ageless Helms
- Diablo III Malthael Inspired Weapons
- World of Warcraft Treasure Goblin Pet
- StarCraft II Crusader Portraits
- Malthael Decals
- Behind the Scenes DVD/Blu-Ray Two-Disc Set
- Soundtrack CD
- The Art of Reaper of Souls
- Malthael Mouse Pad
The Infernal Machine is a portal device used to open a rift into a random location that will match you against two Uber Bosses. Each encounter has a chance to drop one of the four organ items required to craft the Hellfire Ring (Requires level 70).
How to Start
The Infernal Machine Recipe has a random chance to drop from Nekarat the Keywarden in Act IV: Silver Spire Level 1 in any Difficulty.
Once the recipe is looted, talk to Blacksmith Haedrig Eamon at any of the towns, then click the recipe in your inventory. The Portal Device will now appear under the Blacksmith’s Forge Weapons tab UI.
The beta build 21390 introduced new changes to the Sanctuary Map navigation UI (User Interface).
I created an Adventure-Mode game. As I opened the Map by pressing (M) on the keyboard, I noticed the navigation UI was changed slightly.
Before the patch, you would click a small globe with a curved arrow on the upper-left corner of the map to jump from your current Act/Region to the global map of Sanctuary — where you could then select another Act/Region (Act I-to-V) to jump into.
In this version of the beta client, however, that globe icon UI was replaced by an horizontal bar named “Map Level”. This bar contains only three radial buttons. Each side of the horizontal bar has a button to toggle through these radial buttons (+) and (-).
This Map Level toggle UI is very buggy at the moment and still in development/progress. The + and – buttons are not working at all at the moment. You can only click the first radial button when you are within an Act, which takes you back to the Global Map of Sanctuary. You can’t click the radial buttons when within the Map of Sanctuary.
The logic of what each radial button represents:
- Radial Button 1 = Map of Sanctuary
- Radial button 2 = Specific Act/Region
- Radial button 3 = Your current location’s map (the one when you press the TAB button)
After the recent patch, the developers added sort of LFG Tags to Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in Adventure Mode only.
Basically, choose the Adventure Mode. Then choose Public Game. At that point, the LFG Tag shows up at the top with a dropdown menu which says:
- Monster Slaying
- Key Warden
Now, I understand that Adventure Mode is aimed to be end-game content where the player chooses the bounties and locations he wants to go to instead of the unflexible Campaign Mode which binds the player to a specific Act.
Do you think there should be a LFG tag for Campaign mode? Or do you think only end-game Adventure Mode should have it? Do you like the idea of LFG tags?
Now don’t get too excited yet. These tags might be there exclusively for beta testing purposes as the drop rate for the Key Warden was tweaked to 100% for testing the level 70 Infernal Machine. I’ll ask a community manager. Stay tuned.
Blizzard Entertainment announced the data pertaining new Battle.net system and other changes is now downloadable in preparation for the coming expansion Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.
The expansion will go live on March 25th, 2014 — however, you can skip the download time on launch date by downloading most of the data right now. It is a 6GB file. Simply, launch the Battle.net Launcher. If you are currently testing PTR or beta, then switch back to Diablo III vanilla. It will begin a cycling icon to alert you it’s downloading data. To the right of the cycling icon you will notice a pause icon and a gear icon (which gives the option to look at settings or to stop all current downloads).
Visit the Diablo III website to learn more about this pre-expansion download.
Lylirra: As of this week, you may notice that the Diablo III game launcher and Battle.net desktop app will begin downloading data for a “future patch.” This download is in preparation for the March 25 launch of Reaper of Souls, as well as a pre-expansion patch that will be released in the coming months.
Blizzard Entertainment deployed a new Diablo III: Reaper of Souls beta patch (build 21390).
Among the most important changes is the availability of all the materials to build the Infernal Machine (level 70) and thus the Jeweler is able to craft the Hellfire Ring level 70 — as well as Adventure Mode, Crafting, Cursed Chests and Class changes. — PTR Patch Notes are also available.
- The amount of experience needed per level from 64 onward has been increased
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Covetous Shen’s unique side quest could not be completed
- Fixed an issue where the Soul Crucibles in Gideon’s Row and Nobles Rest could not be damaged by certain abilities during the quest “Orbs of Death”
- Fixed an issue where the entrance to the Musty Cellar was floating in mid-air in front of Haedrig’s cart in the Survivor’s Enclave
- Kadala, the Blood Shard vendor, now has a chance to randomly produce Legendaries when purchasing randomized items
- Lorath Nahr is now no longer a vendor
- In Adventure Mode, each Act now rolls a random boss kill, dungeon clear, unique kill, event complete, and random non-boss bounty
- Nephalem Rifts:
- The Greater Horadric Cache has been removed
- The loot that previously came from these bags will now drop from Rift Guardians
- Several changes have been made to Nephalem Rift maps
- Bug Fixes
- Kadala’s inventory has been updated to include bows and crossbows
- “Bounty: Kill Lurk” can now be completed
- The shy female Lacuni who were refusing to jump down from their perches in the Caverns of Frost have been removed from Adventure Mode
- Fixed an issue where some lower level bounties were providing level 70 rewards
- Active Skills
- Fixed a bug that was causing Avalanche to deal ~20% more damage than listed
- Skill Rune – Snow-Capped Mountain
- Increased the damage area width from 30 to 40 yards
- Reduced the damage from 2000% to 1600% weapon damage
- Skill Rune – Volcano
- Increased damage from 2400% to 3000% weapon damage
- Increased the randomness of the volcano damage targeting
- Active Skills
- Akarat’s Champion
- Skill Rune – Fire Starter
- Has been redesigned. Whenever the player spends 20 Wrath, they will explode with fire, dealing weapon damage to nearby enemies
- Laws of Hope
- Cooldown increased to 45 seconds
- The active effect of the base skill and all runes no longer heals players and allies. Instead, it now puts a shield on all players for 3 seconds.
- Laws of Justice
- Cooldown increased to 45 seconds
- Skill Rune – Faith’s Armor
- Now has a 3 second expiration timer on the shield
- Laws of Valor
- Cooldown increased to 45 seconds
- Passive Skills
- Has been renamed Righteousness
- Bug Fixes
- Heaven’s Fury
- Skill Rune – Split Fury
- An enemy can now only be targeted by a single beam
- Laws of Hope
- Skill Rune – Wings of Angels
- Crusaders with this skill rune activated will no longer be able to pass through sand doors in the Storm Halls and Unknown Depths
- Demon Hunter
- Active Skills
- Vault will now trigger Side Cannons and Homing Rockets while Vengeance is active
- Skill Rune – Dark Heart
- Increased damage from 300% to 325% weapon damage per sec
- Skill Rune – Personal Mortar
- No longer fires homing rockets
- Changed damage type from Physical to Fire
- Skill Rune – Stimulants
- This rune has been replaced with Side Cannons
- Replaces the side guns with cannons that deal 150% weapon damage and heal you for 1.5% of maximum life per enemy hit
- Witch Doctor
- Bug Fixes
- Grave Injustice now correctly affects the cooldown of this skill
- Active Skills
- Black Hole
- Skill Rune – Absolute Zero
- Reduced Cold damage bonus per enemy hit to 3%
- Passive Skills
- Reduced damage bonus to 15%
- All Legendary crafting recipes now require a unique material
- Unique crafting materials for Legendaries now only drop at level 70
- Unique Legendary crafting materials now display as Rare quality (instead of Legendary quality)
- The chance for a crafting plan to drop from Horadric Caches has been reduced
- Cursed Chests
- All Acts can now spawn Cursed Chests in many zones that may summon a handful of monsters, Champions, Rares, or even Bosses (these chests are different from “Wave” and “Horde” chest types)
- These chests only appear in Adventure Mode
- These chest events can be failed
- These chest events cannot be Bounties
- Chest rewards for these kinds of chests are currently being tuned
- Infernal Machine
- The Keywardens now spawn in both Campaign and Adventure Mode from level 60-70
- Level 70 Keywardens now also have a small chance to drop a random key from other Acts
- The following keys now drop at level 70 from Keywardens (these keys are used to craft the level 70 Infernal Machine device):
- Key of Bones
- Key of Gluttony
- Key of War
- Key of Evil
- The Blacksmith can now craft the following level 70 devices:
- The Infernal Machine of Bones
- The Infernal Machine of Gluttony
- The Infernal Machine of War
- The Infernal Machine of Evil
- The new Infernal Machine recipes now drop off any Keywardens at level 70
- Level 70 Infernal Machine bosses now drop the following components (these items are used to craft the level 70 Hellfire Ring):
- Leoric’s Regret
- Vial of Putridness
- Idol of Terror
- Heart of Evil
- The Jeweler can now craft a level 70 version of the Hellfire Ring:
- There is only one version of the new Hellfire Ring; when crafting, it will roll using the Smart Loot system for the character that crafted it
- This crafting plan can be purchased from Squirt in Act II
- The drop rates for level 70 keys and organs for the Infernal Machine event have temporarily been set to 100%
- This is to encourage testing in the next phase
- A new item affix has been added: +% damage to Piranhas
- Death’s Breath now drops more frequently from Champion and Elite packs
- Piro Marella (Crusader shield) is now a crafted item
- Golden Scourge (Crusader flail) is now a crafted item
- Legendary Items:
- Ahavarion, Spear of Lycander
- Reduced chance on killing a demon to gain a Shrine buff from 2% to 0.5%
- Alabaster Gloves
- Now heals allies for 50% of health potion amount
- Band of the Rue Chambers
- Increased minimum Spirit Generation bonus from Spirit Generators to 60%
- Cord of the Sherma
- Increased internal cooldown to 10 seconds
- Increased radius to 27.5 yards to match the visual effect
- Eye of Peshkov
- Increased minimum cooldown on Breath of Heaven roll to 38%
- Falcon Wing
- Increased minimum Lightning Rod weapon damage per second to 167%
- The Furnace
- Increased internal cooldown to 1 second
- Golden Gorget of Leoric
- Reduced Skeleton duration to 10 seconds
- Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan
- While stationary, the resource regeneration and damage is now reduced by 20-25%
- The Laws of Seph
- Increased Spirit gain on casting Blinding Flash from 45-60 to 75-100
- The Magistrate
- Increased coolup before Frost Nova to 4.5 seconds
- Reduced cooldown between Frost Novas to 4.5 seconds
- Reduced Freeze duration to 2 seconds
- Mask of Lies
- Now always rolls with +Maximum Arcane Power
- Reduced party-wide healing amount on block from 100% to 20%-30% of the amount blocked
- Schaefer’s Hammer
- Increased the Lightning Damage roll to 30%-40%
- Removed internal cooldown
- Increased movement and attack speed slow to 30%
- Increased proc chance to 60%
- Fixed a bug where the proc chance wasn’t rolling against the triggering power’s proc scalar
- Changed internal cooldown to 1 / Attacks Per Second
- Increased maximum targets to 5
- Thundergod’s Vigor
- No longer a Barbarian Belt and can roll for any class
- Now rolls 150-200 Lightning Resist
- Now rolls 10%-15% more damage with Lightning Skills
- Trag’oul Coils
- Will now also reduce all cooldowns by 45-60 seconds when you use a healing well, in addition to its previous effect of replenishing all resources
- New Legendary – Halcyon’s Ascent (may also be listed as “Strobe”)
- Rolls Primary stat, Cooldown Reduction, Increased Damage Against Elites 10%-15% and Reduced Damage From Elites 10%-15%
- Legendary Power:
- Barbarian – When you use Wrath of the Berserker, you mesmerize nearby enemies with your skill, causing them to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds
- Crusader – When you use Akarat’s Champion, you mesmerize nearby enemies with your skill, causing them to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds
- Demon Hunter – When you use Vengeance, you mesmerize nearby enemies with your skill, causing them to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds
- Monk – When you use Epiphany, you mesmerize nearby enemies with your skill, causing them to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds
- Witch Doctor – When you use Big Bad Voodoo, you mesmerize nearby enemies with your skill, causing them to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds
- Wizard – When you use Archon, you mesmerize nearby enemies with your skill, causing them to jump uncontrollably for 6-8 seconds
- Torment difficulties III-VI now have difficulty descriptions
- The Waypoint UI now displays the appropriate gold/experience values for Bounty turn-in rewards
After three days of mind-blowingly farming the Mystical Source in Whimsyshire, I have finally looted the oh-so-very-elusive Mystical Source.
I don’t have the Sage’s Journey Set recipe. I simply wanted to loot it to demonstrate whether it existed in closed beta or not. Or who it could be looted from. Of course, also to add it to the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Legendary Crafting Materials guide.
It drops from a super-rare pony, and I don’t know if he spawns in normal mode. After nigh 80 runs in normal mode, I switched to Torment I mode. After 20-30 runs this pony spawned and dropped the Mystical Source. Check out the images at the Legendary Crafting Materials guide. The link is accessible on the right menu under Diablo III: Reaper of Souls –> Legendary Crafting Materials (for future reference).
Nevalistis posted a few juicy details on current changes yet to be implemented in the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls beta build and revealed some of the bugs the team knows of that are planned to be addressed in an upcoming build.
- Most End-game Legendary items are meant to drop from Horadric caches earned through the Bounty system. Some of these Legendaries are Act specific.
- Greater Horadric Cache will be removed from completing Nephalem Rifts. The loot from Greater Horadric Cache will instead drop from the Nephalem Rift Guardian itself.
- Legendary items and Set items have a small chance to drop when purchasing from Kadala (Blood Shard vendor).
Posted by Raticus79
Started up a new thread for what to do about duplicate plan drops
Nevalistis: Since it’s been mentioned here already, I’d like to clarify – there is a bug with Legendary plans dropping too frequently. It will be addressed in the next patch in the Beta/PTR test. =) At this time I don’t have a patch date to provide, but as we draw nearer, we will keep you informed!
01/04/2014 04:03 PMPosted by Zijar
Rift bags = yes very little to no drop rate but I have found new set items from them, so maybe if you get a drop from Rift bag in torment, I have a feeling it has a chance at being any Legendary item where as bty bags may be limited.
Nevalistis: Currently, both types of Cache bags (from Bounties and Nephalem Rifts) should have a chance to produce most Legendaries. For those obtained by completing Bounties, this also includes Legendaries that only drop in particular Acts.
That said, we’ll actually be removing the caches that are acquired from completing Nephalem Rifts in the next patch. However, don’t fear! The loot from these caches is just being moved to the Rift Guardian, and you’ll be instead enjoying the loot-splosion when the Rift Guardian is defeated.
01/05/2014 07:49 AMPosted by Hinnyu
Rift bags not dropping legendaries has been a known and discussed issue for weeks now.
Nevalistis: As mentioned above, Legendaries should be dropping from both Bounty and Nephalem Rifts caches in the current beta build. We are making a lot of adjustments and tweaks in the next patch, but there’s also some mitigating bugs that have been skewing loot acquisition in this particular portion of the Closed Beta. The Legendary plan bug above is part of it, but Legendaries (including Set items) are also supposed to have a small chance to drop when purchasing from Kadala, the Blood Shard vendor. This was always the intent, it just had yet to be implemented. — source
While farming for the Mystical Source (legendary crafting material), my templar accidentally hit the Diablo piñata and this dagger dropped. I loaded Adventure Mode Torment level 6, and clicked the dagger.
To my surprise, it was the Horadric Hamburger ramped up to level 70, which pops in my mind … will all level 60 sets make a return as a level 70 version? Chances are that’s the drill.
The following Diablo 3 merchants are random spawns which have a random chance to sell some really hard-to-find white quality items usually required to craft a Legendary Weapon. The Witch Doctor ceremonial knife legendary weapon requires a Tecpatl (white-quality item). It is sold by Adenah the Curio vendor.
Thus, this list might be useful to those who aren’t able to find a specific item that never drops from weapon racks. All the items mentioned are of white-quality. If you don’t see the item you need, close the window and wait 5-10 minutes. The vendor will update a new list of items eventually without having to leave the game.
Some of these merchants count toward the “Market Research” achivement.