Blizzard Careers had removed the DIABLO IMMORTAL jobs category and most of the Diablo Immortal job openings a few months ago, except for the Senior Product Manager postion that was listed under the MOBILE category.
Today, the DIABLO IMMORTAL jobs category appeared out of the blue again. There is a Senior UX Designer job opening posted there without text — which means it might be work in progress.
I’ll updated as soon as anything changes either way. Follow @blizzplanetcom for updates.
Note: To understand what a User Experience Designer does, I usually refer people who ask me what that is to this article written by an EA DICE Senior UX designer.
UPDATE (6:30pm): The blank page has now been updated with the job description. We also now get the genre classification for Diablo Immortal… a mobile massively multiplayer action-RPG (ARPG)
SENIOR UX DESIGNER | DIABLO IMMORTAL
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX Designer to help create an epic experience for our players. Join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, a mobile massively multiplayer action-RPG set in the world of Sanctuary, allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, in the palm of their hands! If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success by developing epic experiences for our players.
Our ideal Senior UX Designer will work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to conceptualize, design, and iterate across all gameplay features and systems. You will bring your experience with UX, mobile, and interaction design to ensure all aspects of the game feel cohesive, intuitive, and easy to use from day 1 to day 100.
- Work with game designers to translate game system requirements into experiences
- Partner with external partners on execution of high quality user experience across the game
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Design and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX
- Establish and maintain patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions
- Work closely with artists and visual designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language that supports the experience
- Iterate and evolve designs based on player feedback
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- 5+ years working as a UX designer in gaming or interactive design field
- Experienced designing UX for multiple shipped mobile products
- Expert knowledge of mobile device and OS specific design patterns (iOS/Android)
- Expert knowledge of UX process and usability design principles
- Expert understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles
- Strong visual design skills and experience working closely with artists
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in multiple design tools (Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, Flinto, etc.)
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- JIRA Fluency
- Mandarin language fluency
- Passion for and extensive experience playing action RPGs, Blizzard games, and mobile games
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI skills required
- Only online submissions are accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX/UI test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.