Blizzard PR sent a link to the Diablo II: Resurrected tech alpha press kit. The team shared 20 screenshots of the game. Tech alpha (Test #1) will include Act I and II of the single player, and three classes: Barbarian, Amazon and Sorceress.
Future tests will expand access to other content such as the remaining classes and PvP. Stay tuned for more. In the meantime, follow @blizzplanetcom in twitter or Facebook for updates; and youtube.com/blizzplanet for gameplay videos.
Blizzard is reaching out to content creators to join tech alpha tomorrow Thurs, April 8. Those who pre-registered at Diablo2.Blizzard.com will have a chance to access tech alpha on Fri, April 9.
Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha Highlights
DIABLO® II: RESURRECTED™ is the definitive remastering of Diablo II and its Lord of Destruction® expansion—two hallmark entries in Blizzard Entertainment’s genre-defining action role-playing series. Veteran players, as well as those who missed out when the original game was first released twenty years ago, can now experience Diablo II’s timeless gameplay with modern visuals and audio that take advantage of today’s gaming hardware. Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha is the first public test of the game available to a limited number of players, press, and content creators from around the world.
- Explore the first two acts of Diablo II in full – Navigate perilous areas of eastern Khanduras, from the Rogue Encampment to the Monastery, and then head East to walk the sands of sunlit Lut Gholein.
- Try out three beloved characters – Crush demons in fierce melee combat as the Barbarian, slay your enemies from afar as the Amazon, or master deadly spells as the Sorceress.
- No level cap – Power up and upgrade your characters as much as you want until the end of the Technical Alpha. Note that progress will not be carried over to future tests or the final game.
- Test the single-player experience – While multiplayer will be a huge part of Diablo II: Resurrected upon release, we are focusing on testing solo play during this Technical Alpha
- Play with mouse and keyboard or a controller – Diablo II: Resurrected will allow you to control the game the way you want it, and we will be testing both input methods in the Technical Alpha.
- Sanctuary needs your help urgently – Diablo II: Resurrected Technical Alpha will be running from 10 a.m. Pacific Time on April 8 (Early Access) through 10 a.m. PT on April 12.
- International availability – Technical Alpha will be available in most regions to a limited number of participants.
- Internet connection required for testing only – To ensure security of the Technical Alpha, a constant online connection will be required during play. (A constant Internet connection will not be required for the final version of the game.)
- Available for pre-purchase on Windows PC — The Diablo Prime Evil Collection includes Diablo II: Resurrected, Diablo® III, the Reaper of Souls™ expansion, the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and exclusive cosmetic items.
- This is only the first Technical Alpha — Signups are open at Diablo2.com to participate in future tests, including the Multiplayer test coming later this year.
- English language-only for the Technical Alpha – When released, Diablo II: Resurrected will be localized in more than a dozen languages including English, French, Italian, German, European Spanish, Korean, Polish, traditional Chinese, Mexican Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian. Additional supported languages to be announced later.
- Stream and capture all the footage you want – As soon as you begin playing the Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha (during Early Access or later), you are free to livestream, capture, and publish gameplay footage, or take and publish as many screenshots as you like from anywhere in the game.
- Explore the Sanctuary of players’ nightmares, now in stunning 4K resolution.*
- Diablo II: Resurrected will feature all 27 minutes of cinematics that have been remade, shot-for-shot, from the ground up. These are still a work-in-progress, and the Technical Alpha will include the original Diablo II cinematics as placeholders.
- Original 2D sprite-based models are reborn with full 3D physically-based rendering. Upgraded visuals also include new animations, dynamic lighting, new textures, and updated visual effects.
- Remastered graphics and the more nostalgic “original” experience can be toggled back-and-forth with the press of a button.
- Audio remastered in Dolby Surround 7.1 sound.
- Genre-defining Diablo gameplay featuring robust RPG character progression, incredibly deep itemization, and visceral hack-and-slash combat.
- Let us know what you think – Everything you will see in the Diablo II: Resurrected Single-player Technical Alpha, including visuals, audio effects, user interface, in-game systems, and more, is not final and should be considered a work-in-progress.
We will be listening to feedback very closely and making changes where necessary to deliver the best possible Diablo II experience to players.
*4K resolution and 7.1 Dolby Surround require platforms and equipment that support those features.
THE EARLY GOLDEN AGE OF DIABLO IS REBORN
The heroes return . . . Diablo II: Resurrected brings a diverse cast of characters into the modern gaming era, now in full 3D, with a wealth of gameplay and build options for players to explore. The Amazon, Barbarian, Necromancer, Paladin, and Sorceress are joined by the Assassin and Druid from the Lord of Destruction expansion.
. . . to face legendary evils. Take on Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal—the mightiest foes Hell could muster. Defeat them if you can before facing even greater challenges in the Nightmare and Hell difficulty modes.
With great itemization comes great replayability. Players are rewarded for waging war against the forces of the Burning Hells. Powerful gear upgrades include unique weapons and armor, set items, runes and rune words, charms, and more.