Blizzplanet, Worldofwar.net, StarcraftWire.net and Diii.net are going to BlizzCon 2009. I am staff member on those fansites too, so I will be on top of the news for each fansite providing updates from the show floor through our live chat (Cover it Live).
This year I am bringing my own laptop—it’s arriving next week—and my HD Video camera. The reason of this post is to start collecting questions from our fans and visitors in advance. If you have questions for Tom Chilton, J. Allen Brack, and Ghostcrawler about patch 3.3 and future PvP: Battlegrounds and Arena—we want your questions.
If you wish us to ask questions to Jay Wilson about Diablo III or to Dustin Browder about Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty—go ahead. We will very likely meet them in private at the press rooms where only fansites and gaming sites have access. Re-read your questions and polish them the best you can before submitting them.
I already requested an interview spot with Richard A. Knaak and Christie Golden (pending approval) at Blizzcon 2009. I am gathering questions for Richard about World of Warcraft: Stormrage, and Warcraft: Dragons of Outland; and for Christie about Warcraft Legends Vol. 5 (her Draka story)—and I will probably ask Christie if she can talk yet about the untitled trilogy.
You can post your questions below in the comments page, or submit it by email, or via Facebook (under just fans section).
Grabbing all these questions in advance will allow us to focus our efforts on collecting live questions via Cover It Live chat for the developer panels and new game announcements at the show floor.
I will video-interview briefly someone I am so glad to hear will appear at BlizzCon and has openly told me, wants to meet us—however, I am unable to reveal who it is at this point. You will be excited, glad and thrilled. If Blizzard makes the announcement at the show, I will gather questions live for said person.
Blizzplanet is proud to announce a giveaway of three BlizzCon 2009 badges courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment. In order to enter our giveaway roster, you must first complete accurately all seven instructions below and submit them via email here.
International entries are welcome (except where certain countries local restrictions apply). This giveaway ends on June 9, 2009 at 11:59pm EST (New York timezone). Winners will be announced the next day. Winners will have only three days to reply back, otherwise someone else will be chosen. Winners should bring their Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Driver’s License) to the VIP booth at the Anaheim Convention Center. The name of the winner must match the photo ID’s. Blizzcon tickets are not transferable.
1. Read Excerpt 4 of World of Warcraft: ARTHAS here. List all the character names mentioned in this excerpt.
2. What was Rathma’s former name? Who christened him with the name Rathma? And What page number it is revealed? —Read the Diablo: The Sin War Trilogy, The Veiled Prophet excerpt. The excerpt link may be found beneath the front cover image (click Browse Inside).
3. Read the StarCraft Frontline Vol. 3 War-Torn story. Summarize what’s going on and explain why you look forward to read this manga.
4. Watch our video interview with Chris Metzen and Micky Neilson and describe which question answered you enjoyed the most and why.
5. Register to the Mountain Dew World of Warcraft Game Fuel website. Take a screenshot of your account page, and show at least 300 points. Note: You don’t need to be a World of Warcraft subscriber to participate in this giveaway. You can increase your points by going to all the options available within the How Do I Earn Points? section. Once you reach 300 points take a screenshot and attach it to the email. Note: If you don’t have a screen capture software, you may download XNview to capture images. Once installed go to Tools—> Capture Screen and click ok.
6. Read the four solicitations of StarCraft # 1-4, and write down the character names. Then view the preview scans and let us know what your impression is about the art, the dialogues and general tone of the comic book. Note: WIldstorm and DC Comics are launching Starcraft # 1 on May 27. You may subscribe to the 12-issues here.
7. Provide your WoW Character name or Battle.net screen name (i.e. Starcraft, Warcraft III, Diablo II)—for winners announcement purposes.
Once these six instructions are completed, your entry will be automatically added to the roster of giveaway participants. Incomplete or inaccurate entries will be disqualified.
NOTE: Other Blizzard Fansites have Blizzcon 2009 Ticket GIveaways too:
Our sister site Diii.net has a very interesting prize to giveaway during the Christmas Season: The Diablo II Collector’s Edition. All you need to do is to post a comment at the following thread. That simple. Want to know what’s within the Collector’s Edition?
- Diablo II Game
- Exclusive Diablo II DVD Movie – All 24 minutes of the Diablo II game cinematics digitally re-mastered for enhanced picture quality on your DVD player in Widescreen format.
- View Storyboards & listen to audio commentary from the Diablo II cinematics team
- Original Cinematic Trailer
- Commemorative Game Manual – Collector
Celebrating the Christmas season, Blizzplanet launches a new contest that will chill everyone’s heart with joy. The prize of this contest is courtesy and sponsored by Eminence:
The Music of Blizzard Entertainment: Echoes of War
It contains music from Starcraft, Diablo II, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Starcraft: Ghost, Diablo III and Starcraft II. You can take home this product by participating in this contest. Ends on January 2, 2009 at 11:59 EST (New York time)
Simply folloiw and complete all of the instructions listed below:
Blizzplanet is currently spotlighted at the official World of Warcraft website. Read our Echoes of War review to find out what’s inside the prize’s box in detail.