Last weekend, Diablo IV concluded the Open Beta, which has become the largest Beta in Diablo series history. Players from all over the world came together to see the summoning of Lilith, explore the terrain and dungeons of the Fractured Peaks zone, level their characters up to 25, and meet a litany of demonic monsters along the way. The team received a ton of feedback from fans and is pouring over all of that now.
“The back-to-back Early Access Beta and Open Beta weekends for Diablo IV were incredibly inspiring to the team as we head toward our release on June 6,” said Rod Fergusson, General Manager of Diablo. “We want to thank the millions of players for helping us to test the game, providing meaningful feedback, exciting the development team, and for slaying billions and billions of demons. We will not, however, apologize to all of the players The Butcher slayed. You are indeed fresh meat, after all. We’ll see you all in Sanctuary again very soon!”
More information on learnings will be shared in the future, but for now, here are some exciting stats from the two weekends.
DIABLO IV OPEN BETA STATS
- Over 61.5 million hours played (equivalent of over 7,000 years) across both weekends.The most hours played in a Diablo Beta ever.
- Diablo IV ranked #1 on Twitch during the Beta weekend as we saw a huge influx of players excited to dive into Sanctuary and were eager to share their adventure with viewers – who tuned in in droves.
- Over 2.6 million Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetics were earned by players reaching level 20 which can take on average 2-4 hours to achieve.
- Over 29 billion monsters were slaughtered. There are many vile and hellish creatures in the world of Diablo IV from demons to vampires, and players in our Beta didn’t hold back.
- Over 46 million players were slain. The minions of Hell sometimes get the upper hand in the dark world of Diablo IV!
- Sorceress rose to the top as the most popular class chosen surpassing Rogue, Druid, Barbarian, and Necromancer which came in second place.
- The World Boss Ashava was slain by teams of players over 100,000 times. World Bosses are some of the most difficult enemies to defeat in Diablo IV, so it takes a lot of effort and coordination to overcome them.
- In comparison, over 10 million players were slain by Ashava in her act of revenge.
- While it was thought that no one player could dare stand up to this deadly World Boss alone, a single brave adventurer nearly conquered Ashava all on their own!
- The bloodthirsty and iconic Diablo boss, The Butcher, was defeated over 570,000 times by players. We are impressed – The Butcher is extremely dangerous and cunning, and running into him is almost guaranteed death.
- The Butcher got the last laugh though by slaying over 1.7 million players.
Check out the Diablo Twitter where we shared these stats.
Diablo IV is the ultimate action RPG experience with endless evil to slaughter, countless abilities to master, nightmarish dungeons, and legendary loot. Embark on the campaign solo or with friends, through beautifully dark settings, or explore a shared world where players can meet in towns to trade, team up to battle world bosses, or descend into PVP zones to test their skills against other players.