Blizzard Entertainment is currently searching to fill two job openings that are critical for the launch of Diablo Immortal (thanks, MrMesli):
Associate Marketing Manager, Mobile
Blizzard is on a quest to find a legendary Associate Manager of Global Consumer Marketing, Mobile who is a grandmaster at their craft. A solid professional who has helped launch and manage top grossing mobile games. We are particularly interested in someone that has been able to assist successful live games that saw month-to-month growth through disciplined user acquisition. This person will have a good understanding of user acquisition which includes the ability to build and scale campaigns to maximize paid channels such as Facebook, Google UAC, and mobile networks. We are in need of someone that takes a proactive approach to help drive key mobile campaigns with an understanding of the nuanced skills required to build world class creative.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate marketer, gamer, and Nephalem who wants to help lead exciting new launches. Blizzard has remained a leader in entertainment for nearly 30 years, with millions of engaged fans, and the future is bright. We are poised for growth through our existing franchises, a strong content pipeline across multiple platforms, and momentum in mobile. Our brands are beloved by gamers worldwide and our goal is to bring our core values, including our commitment to quality and gameplay, to mobile. Like the Brotherhood of the Horadrim, you will be entrusted with the secrets of Diablo Immortal, our first built for mobile Blizzard game.
This individual will partner with talented teams managing brand marketing, growth marketing, user acquisition, ASO and owned channels, while building best-in-class content that honors our commitment to quality but remains data informed. This Associate Manager will join a small but growing mobile team in Sanctuary and assist in managing external agencies as well as partnering with internal creative services teams.
The right candidate must have the ability to think ahead, work independently, but also contribute cross-functionally to benefit the business, drive go-to-market plans and have the confidence to speak up and lead. While impeccable project management skills sit at the core of this role, this individual will also need to contribute at the strategic level to drive all marketing initiatives, interface with our development partners and lead agency partners.
A passion for gaming is also preferred, as is prior experience with helping to drive innovative marketing programs and prior work with brands that do this well.
- Assist with global marketing plans, creative executions and production process
- Identify creative strategy and ensure all communications materials deliver against that strategy.
- Develop and optimize effective creative marketing campaigns to support mobile franchises
- Collaborate closely with Blizzard’s Commercial Organization on Product Strike Plans
- Build relationships with external partner agencies, internal production and creative services
- Lead overall creative brief process as well as strategy development for marketing campaigns
- Project manage and oversee delivery of final creative for paid media campaigns (globally)
- Help drive social media strategy, development and execution for mobile franchises
- Research and build on mobile “best practices”
- Build bridges and help promote a mobile first and data informed approach to marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years marketing experience with 1+ years in mobile marketing, publishing or user acquisition
- Passion for gaming and understanding of current industry trends
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Creative agency experience also considered in lieu of brand marketing experience
Brand Manager (Tokyo)
Activision Blizzard Japan is looking for a World-Class Brand Manager to join our team working on the biggest game franchises in the world. You are a creative thinker who can lead, develop, and execute new marketing programs. You are a business-oriented manager who values measuring and optimizing the effectiveness and return of your marketing programs. You are a global player who can work well with Activision Blizzard HQ.
The Brand Manager should demonstrate drive, ownership, and enthusiasm. You will work closely with the Activision Blizzard Japan Senior Manager, Publishing Head, to craft the best of class strategies and execute them flawlessly.
- Develop and drive both short and long-term Marketing Plans built on solid player insights and sound business strategies to grow our player base and maintain the long-term brand health of Hearthstone and Diablo: Immortal.
- Develop clear and concise Marketing Briefs for external agencies and internal departments alike to activate tactical programs.
- Take responsibility for clear, concise, and timely communication of initiatives with all levels of HQ, Japan internal departments, agencies, and relevant 3rd
- Analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and collaborate with our creative agencies to continuously optimize media effectiveness
- Communicate a real understanding of the gaming business and a firm grasp of ongoing business numbers
- Identify any/all gaps within the understanding of relevant player segmentation or targets
- Proactively make sound business recommendations to Senior Manager, Publishing Head for enhancement of agreed Marketing programs.
- Minimum 8 years of brand marketing experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital media/advertising (Job title is negotiable based on the candidate’s job experience and capabilities.)
- Experience working effectively and constructively with external creative/media agencies
- Understands how to interpret data and KPIs and turn analytical insight into actionable plans
- Profound knowledge of game products and Japan mobile games industry
- Native Japanese communication skills, Intermediate English Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external teams
- Proficient (and working) knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to travel internationally and work long hours and weekends if needed
- Gamer / Knowledge about Blizzard games
- Product Launch Experience
- Experience executing on-ground events and campaigns
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, interviews may be conducted via online WebEx meetings
Hope you enjoyed this article. Please, support Blizzplanet on Patreon (monthly) or PayPal (once), and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch for daily Blizzard games news updates.