Diablo Immortal Jobs: Localization Producer
Blizzard Entertainment is searching for a qualified employee to take the role of Localization Producer for the Diablo Immortal team. Among the main requirements for this role is fluency in chinese and english.
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever, driven by our core values and passion, Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. The Localization team plays a key role in making that possible as our mission is to ensure that it feels Blizzard in every language to build and connect our global community.
As a member of the Localization Production team, you are a champion of Blizzard localized products and you continually elevate standards to establish top industry processes and quality by collaborating with our product creators and localization operations teams globally.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, an action RPG mobile game set in the world of Sanctuary, allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, in the palm of their hands! You will help to deliver this important new game, along with other games in our portfolio, to a global audience.
If you’re passionate about localization, constantly striving for excellence and possess the spark to continue to challenge the status quo in our industry, were looking for you to join our team based in Irvine, CA.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: Weve transitioned to a work-from-home model and were continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each persons circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with our game development teams to understand localization needs and requirements
- Plan and manage localization schedules, collaborate cross-functionally with our global teams, Localization Project Managers and/or external partners to define requirements and manage timelines
- Help design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks in collaboration with our Development and Localization teams
- Support initiatives to foster innovation by analyzing current pain points in workflows and tools and actively provide recommendations for sustainable solutions
- Make independent decisions while assessing risks and work well under pressure, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines, but know when to escalate and seek guidance
Who You Are
- You are an excellent communicator; you know how to adjust your communication according to your audience and are continually elevating your influential skills.
- You are efficient; you know how to step back, prioritize and recalibrate your efforts so they are focused and impactful.
- You are curious; you are eager to learn new skills and tools and seek to always ask the right questions.
- You are courageous; you are not afraid to challenge yourself and others to do the right thing and create accountability.
- You make it happen; you are reliable, results-driven, and know-how to get things done.
- You are an excellent juggler; you can handle multiple projects or tasks without dropping the ball.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Professional working fluency in Chinese
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in localization, preferably as a Project Manager within the gaming or software industry
- Understanding of the end to end localization process for games or software products
- Familiarity with audiovisual localization workflows for subtitling and localized VO
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cultivate productive and positive relationships with external partners, managers, and peers
- You have hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment and tracking within a TMS for large and complex projects
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats, TMS and CAT tools to manage and/or automate translation workflows
- You have experience with Machine Translation/NMT program setup and implementations
- You speak more than one language
- Familiarity with Blizzard games/IPs
Apply to this job here.