The Diablo Immortal team wants a Senior Sound Designer to develop music and sound assets for the mobile game.
Job Title: Senior Sound Designer – Diablo Immortal
Requisition ID: R002876
Join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, a mobile massively multiplayer action-RPG set in the world of Sanctuary, allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, in the palm of their hands!
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a full-time Senior Sound Designer to bolster our ranks. Our ideal champion must have strong sound design skills and an internal desire to wield mighty sonic weaponry in their pursuit of audio perfection for Diablo Immortal.
Diablo Immortal is a full-fledged action RPG designed from the ground up for mobile. You will join a veteran team of developers with a shared vision to radically raise the bar of what a mobile game can be. We value team-players who provide constructive input and are always open to feedback from others in return.
The ideal candidate needs to have extensive experience with sound design and audio for mobile. As a member of the team, you will work directly with both the creative lead and game producer to align creative vision and goals. The sound designer engages with music brethren to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. The sound designer also contributes to a game’s user interface to give players feedback on their gaming experience. The ideal candidate is also able to collaborate with game designers in crafting an audio experience that compliments and melds seamlessly with game-play. This person should also have an outstanding ability to not only create excellent, original content, but to successfully integrate it into the final product.
If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of the sound of the Diablo franchise
- Game audio production credits on multiple major shipped titles in a role of Sound Designer, with an emphasis on mobile experience.
- Experience specifically in creating outstanding soundscapes and sound assets for mobile games
- A proven legacy of utilizing one’s artistic “voice” in furthering a storyline via the medium of sound
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production
- Experience creatively producing sound effects, backgrounds, voice, and Foley for games
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools
- Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc
- Able to work with equal effectiveness in both team and solo creative environments, providing feedback when needed.
- Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
- A passion for exploring new ideas in mobile gaming
- “Building block DSP” such as Kyma, Max / MSP, or Reaktor expertise
- Computer-readable or level-design style scripting or light programming knowledge
- Shipped titles on Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio platform
- Demonstrable technical skills working with Wwise pipelines
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Hope you enjoyed this article. Please, support Blizzplanet on Patreon (monthly) or PayPal (once), and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch for daily Blizzard games news updates.