Diablo III Jobs: Senior Quest Designer/Scripter Wanted
Blizzard Entertainment is actively looking for a Senior Quest Designer/Scripter to help with the development of Diablo III. We encourage our visitors to apply if they fill the requirements for this job opening, or to let know family and friends who do. Spread the word.
The Diablo 3 team is looking for a talented and experienced senior quest designer/scripter to join our crusade in developing top-quality computer games. Duties will include the creative design and technical implementation of quests and events. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- A minimum of 3 years scripting/quest design experience on a shipped product
- Implemented gameplay content using high-level scripting languages such as Lua or Python
- Ability to understand and communicate with programmers, artists, and other designers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Experienced in designing, playing online role playing games
- Programming degree, or equivalent experience
Merely a few weeks ago, Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime announced Diablo III beta will start on Q3 2011. While not set in stone, Diablo III might ship late 2011, but Blizzard doesn’t want to sacrifice quality so it might actually ship in 2012.
With this in mind, it’s intriguing to see a job opening for a Senior Quest Designer/Scripter at this point in time. Jay Wilson said to the New York Times the following: “We’re definitely in the home stretch. We’re crunching. This is when the magic happens.”
Sounded like the Diablo III single player was pretty much done. Or is it still in development? Otherwise … could this job opening mean the Creative Team is already jamming ideas for the Diablo III expansion?
Let us know your feedback.