The defeat of Diablo, Lord of Terror, should have given rise to an age of hope. Instead, it has drawn out a shadowy being of immense power whose malevolent purpose has yet to be revealed. Reaper of Souls™, the upcoming expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s epic action RPG Diablo® III, opens a dark and terrifying new chapter in the ongoing conflict over the mortal realm of Sanctuary.
Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, vanished long ago. In Reaper of Souls, he returns as the Angel of Death and seizes the Black Soulstone, which contains the essence of the Prime Evil. Should this dark power be unleashed upon the world, the results would be catastrophic.
Fortunately, a new hero is ready to join the cause and bring Malthael to justice—the Crusader. Clad in massive armor and bearing an impenetrable shield, this new playable class charges into battle wielding a range of cruel and punishing weapons and employing powerful battle magic to strengthen allies and weaken foes. A natural walking tank, the Crusader adds might and versatility to any party of adventurers.
For more details about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, visit http://www.diablo3.com/reaperofsouls
- Act V continues the story where it left off in Diablo III, taking players through the legendary city of Westmarch to the ancient halls of the Pandemonium Fortress
- Level cap increased to 70, enabling players to reach new heights of power
- The Crusader enters the fray, joining ranks with the Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard
- New spells and abilities for each of the game’s five original heroes
- Redesigned loot system drops “fewer, but better” items, rewarding players with useful upgrades
- Collect rare items of unprecedented power, including game-changing Legendaries
- Customize your hero’s appearance and augment your items’ power with a new artisan, the Mystic
- Upgrades to Diablo III’s Paragon progression system add even more end-game character advancement and replayability
- Battle a new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes
- Never stop exploring with Adventure Mode, where all waypoints are unlocked so players can do battle in any setting
- Engage in Loot Runs to test your mettle in 10-20 minute dungeons consisting of randomized areas, monsters, and bosses
- Take on Bounties for fun and rewarding objective-based challenges
- Connect with your allies like never before with all-new updates to Diablo III’s social system, including Clans and Groups
Check out far more on the Blizzplanet’s BlizzCon 2013 Coverage page — screenshots, videos, interviews and panel transcripts.