Blizzard Entertainment has officially announced that Diablo Immortal Beta begins today in Canada and Australia only for Android devices (as per the FAQ).
In this round of testing, Blizzard plans to test in-app purchases. In addition, Beta testing will start in China, Japan and South Korea at a later date. You can read all the Diablo Immortal Beta details at the official blog.
Below, I will share some of the details and the press kit screenshots and highlights that are usually not present in the official blog.
Follow @blizzplanetcom and subscribe to the Blizzplanet YouTube channel for Diablo Immortal Beta gameplay videos and content.
Diablo Immortal Beta Begins
The Diablo Immortal Beta will last several weeks. The date for the end of Beta will be announced at a later time. Beta testing will be available in Australia and Canada today after 5pm PST — to those who got invited. It is not an open Beta.
- A new playable class – The Necromancer. Reanimate corpses to create an army of the dead while inflicting curses and pestilence upon the enemies of Sanctuary.
- PvP and PvE updates. The game’s popular faction based PvP & PvE system, The Cycle of Strife, is now enhanced with a 30×1 battle called Challenge of the Immortal; Ladders are being added to the 8v8 Battleground PvP system; A new end-game gear system, Set items, is introduced; Players will now be able to challenge the Helliquary raid bosses with up to 8 total players; and more!
- Controller Support. Players will be able to experience a preview of controller support for Diablo Immortal.
- Optional In-Game Purchases. In Closed Beta, we will be enabling optional in-game purchases to gain valuable feedback from our community and test the functionality. All player progress will be wiped at the end of the Closed Beta, and any purchases will be converted to equivalent in-game credits and available in Diablo Immortal at launch.
Diablo Immortal Beta will be available for testing at a later time at the following countries: China, Japan and South Korea.
DIABLO IMMORTAL CLOSED BETA HIGHLIGHTS
Diablo Immortal features all the depth, intensity, and unbridled mayhem of the genre-defining action role-playing game franchise in a persistent, massively multiplayer online mobile game you can play anytime, and anywhere. The Diablo Immortal Closed Beta will be available on Android platforms only and introduces several improvements and additions based on player feedback from previous tests. These include significant updates to PvP and PvE content and systems, the Necromancer class, and the highly requested addition of controller support. This will also be the first opportunity for players to test the game’s optional in-game purchases.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE CLOSED BETA?
THE NECROMANCER: The dead shall serve! The fan-favorite Necromancer joins the roster of playable classes alongside the Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, and Wizard. Reanimate corpses to create an army of the dead while inflicting curses and pestilence upon the enemies of Sanctuary.
PVP AND PVE UPDATES:
- CHALLENGE OF THE IMMORTAL: This new PvP mode is being added to the Cycle of Strife, the eternal war between the Immortals and the Shadows. After the Shadows win the Rite of Exile against the Immortal faction, they’ll face the top Immortals player in a 30 (Shadows) vs. 1 (Immortal) battle—an epic final fight for supremacy. The Immortal player will gain a host of awe-inspiring powers, essentially becoming a raid boss that the Shadows will have to band together to take down.
- BATTLEGROUND LADDERS: Ladders are being added to the 8v8 Battleground PvP system, where players can fight for the top spot as they compete and measure their skills against each other. Various class balance changes and other impactful elements are being added to Battleground PvP as well.
- SET ITEMS AND SET BONUSES: A new end-game gear system, Set items, is being added for secondary gear slots (hands, feet, neck, waist, and two rings). Players will loot Set items that confer unique bonuses if three and six pieces are worn together, allowing for even more customization options to fit any playstyle.
- THE HELLIQUARY: Players will now be able to challenge the Helliquary raid bosses with up to eight players, adding even more mayhem and coordination to these fights and greater rewards for those who triumph.
CONTROLLER SUPPORT: Players will be able to preview controller support for Diablo Immortal. Controller functionality will be limited to character navigation and combat, while all UI menus will still be controlled by the touch screen. This will give testers a taste of what controller gameplay for Immortal will be like before the game launches.
OPTIONAL IN-GAME PURCHASES: For the first time, optional in-game purchases will be enabled to gain valuable feedback from our community and to test their functionality. Beta testers will be able to purchase the Empowered Battle Pass, Eternal Orbs, and promotional bundles. In-game purchase options are never required for progression. All player progress will be wiped at the end of the Closed Beta, and any purchases will be converted to equivalent in-game credits and available in Diablo Immortal at launch.
Hope you enjoyed this article. Please, support Blizzplanet on Patreon (monthly) or PayPal (once), and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch for daily Blizzard games news updates.