The Swedish Tax Agency wants every Swedish gamer that earns money from online-gaming to pay tax for the money earned. There are a few games where you can earn money in-game for example Second Life and Diablo 3. The gamer needs to register all earned money from gaming to the tax agency; but this isn’t that easy since the gamer needs to know who the buyer is.
The criteria for the tax is that the seller is from Sweden and that he is a person that can pay taxes. This means that if the gamer is selling items on an online auction house, or something similar; he/she needs to find out who the seller is, and if the seller can pay tax, then report this.
There won’t be that many sellers reporting this income to The Swedish Tax Agency. This law seems pointless to me, would be nice to see a follow up on this from the tax office next year to see if there was actually anyone paying taxes for their earnings.
Source: Read the full standpoint in this matter. (Article in Swedish, use google translate to read it)
A new Chrome theme was recently released by Thunderclaww. This time it’s a theme based on the Diablo 3 Act 1 graphics. You can also choose to use his older themes; Heaven and Hell.
Follow Thunderclaww on Twitter for more updates
Blizzard released a small update on the 1.0.8a patch where they changed smaller issues with the Barbarian and the UI. The biggest visual update in the patch will be in the real money auction house where you can buy stack of 10 million gold instead of 1 million.
Here is the complete list of changes made in the 1.0.8a – v.126.96.36.19903 patch:
- Made improvements to address “rubberbanding” issues encountered when using movement-based abilities like Tempest Rush, Strafe, and Whirlwind
- The stack size of gold on the real-money auction house has been increased again to 10 million (up from 1 million)
- Passive Skills
- Inspiring Presence
- Will once again be displayed under Life per Second on the character sheet
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented Item Label Display preferences from being saved
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented players with Starter Edition accounts from being upgraded when playing in an IGR