Warlock Class Changes by Patch 1.8
Patch 1.8 will introduce many significant changes for the Warlock Class. Death Coil, Pyroclasm and Damage over Time(DOT) have been tweaked around in the internal build for patch 1.8—and the new talent Bane reduces casting time for Shadowbolt, Soul fire and Immolation spells. For patch 1.9, end-game pets now will have higher DPS and are being tested by the QA Department. However, Talent Ruin has been nerfed slightly to balance the new improvements, but not by much as commented by Eyonix. For Shard bag details read here
- Death Coil – The cooldown on this spell has been reduced to two minutes and there will now be a short duration (3 sec), non-diminishing fear effect applied to the target. The mana cost has been increased so the spell is less efficient for purposes of DPS.
- Pyroclasm ? Now gives a chance to stun when Rain of Fire, Hellfire and Soul Fire hit the target.
- Damage over Time – in patch 1.8 we?ve lowered the duration of Corruption and Curse of Agony, increasing the damage per tick.
- Bane Talent – will now reduce the casting time of Soul Fire and Immolation spells in addition to Shadow Bolt. The second improvement affects Intensity, which will now reduce the chance to be interrupted while casting Rain of Fire, Hellfire and Soul Fire spells.
- Ruin – next patch we’ve also slightly reduced the critical damage bonus of Ruin. This change is very small and shouldn’t impact overall Warlock DPS to a noticeable degree.
- End-Game Pets – overall creature power has increased for Doomguard and Infernal. Changes scheduled for Patch 1.9
- Soul shard bag – The Shard Bag is pending programmer time, which is divided amongst many tasks and projects. The designers are pushing for its production, however. All that I do know at this point in time has been stated before – the bag will be able to hold more Soul Shards than the normal bags which are available, easing the burden of shard management.
Post a Comment