Incoming Lore-plosion: Blizzard’s Chris Metzen Coming to San Diego Comic Con
YES, YES, yEs, yES, Yes, YeS, Y-E-S (cools off) … Chris Metzen is coming to San Diego Comic Con. You have heard here in Blizzplanet details of the World of Warcraft Graphic Novels might be revealed at this upcoming event to be held on July 21-24. Stay tuned on Blizzplanet for any new information. I’ll be contacting some of my past liaisons.
Here are the details for all our Blizzard Entertainment fans. It seems Blizzard and their licensed product partners are unveiling a few surprises for DIABLO, World of Warcraft and StarCraft fans!!! … clears throat — DIABLO products !!!!!
THURSDAY, JULY 21
1:00pm -2:00pm (Room 6BCF)
World of Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft Swag Show: Blizzard Entertainment creative and licensed partners unveil and discuss World of Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft-inspired products. In attendance:
- Chris Metzen (Blizzard Entertainment SVP of creative development)
- Nick Carpenter (Blizzard Entertainment executive art director)
- Christie Golden (New York Times bestselling author)
- Hank Kanalz (SVP Digital, DC Comics and World of Warcraft comics editor)
- Sean Gailey (creative overlord, J!nx Clothing)
- Cory Jones (Cryptozoic Entertainment president and chief creative officer)
- Kat Hunter (BlizzCon coverage moderator on DIRECTV).
Things this panel might unveil … details of the World of Warcraft: Alliance, World of Warcraft: Horde and StarCraft Graphic Novels seem imminent with the presence of DC Comics Hank Kanalz in this panel alongside Chris Metzen.
Cryptozoic Entertainment’s Cory Jones might unveil upcoming World of Warcraft Trading Card Game products. Jinx might announce the Fall 2011 line-up of World of Warcraft, StarCraft II and Diablo III T-shirts. There’s no word from Sideshow Collectibles, but I asked Sideshow’s president in a public Q&A about two or three years ago about upcoming Blizzard products and he admitted there were some ideas on the table. Could this be the year? I bet many owners of the Barbarian diorama would be happy to get ahold of the other four classes to make it company.
There are a few companies known to have licensed product ties with Blizzard Entertainment to be attending San Diego Comic Con. While my radars are silent on any incoming new product announcements, it’d be good that you check out their booths and ask questions. Feel free to inform us, or to share video/photos:
- Simon & Schuster booth # 1128
- DC Comics booth # 1915
Sideshow Collectibles booth # 1929— update: Sideshow confirmed no Blizzard licensed products to be announced at SDCC.
- Diamond Comic Distributors booth # 2401 (for those wondering: DC Direct action figures)
- Sam (Samwise) Didier – table AA-09
- Walter & Louise Simonson – IDW booth # 2643
- Italian painter Lucio Parrillo will be at a non-Blizzard panel at Room 28DE on Thursday, July 21 from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. If you are a WoW TCG fan, bring your cards for signing.
Check out the map below by holding the right-button and choosing “Open Link in New Tab”. The green square marks will help you find the booth numbers listed above.
Christie Golden will participate in the Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo Swag Show Panel on Thursday, July 21 between 1:00pm -2:00pm (Room 6BCF).
After the panel, you will have the chance to get your books signed. Christie Golden informed me that she will be at the Mysterious Galaxy Booth # 1119 on Thursday, July 21 from 2:30 – 3:20 PM signing copies of World of Warcraft: Thrall, Twilight of the Aspects, and other stuff. There are some rules to follow as per Mysterious Galaxy. There are only 75 tickets to join the signing row. You must print out the newsletter and bring it with you during the Exhibit Hall opening to redeem your ticket. Again, a ticket is required to gain access to this signing. More details here (PDF).
This is a perfect opportunity to meet the man that has inspired and shaped the visuals of StarCraft, Diablo and Warcraft universes.
You can see some of Samwise’s artwork at the SONS OF THE STORM Website.
“If you are at Comic-Con this year, make sure you swing by Artists Alley for I will be commanding booth # AA-09. If you have art you want signed, bring it! If you do not, fret not. I will have cards, prints, and posters for sale. So stop by, bring ale, swords or other worthy offerings to the Panda King and we will revel in the Comic-Con majesty! For the bloody Horde!
Samwise Didier will bring 8.5″ x 11″ prints of his favorite World of Warcraft Horde and Alliance cards, World of Warcraft artist proof cards, and two non blizzard artwork posters (11″ X 17″ and 28″ X 36″). You can’t miss grabbing any of these limited and rare gifts.
Bring along your copies of:
- The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King
- The Art of World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King
- World Of Warcraft: The Art Of The Trading Card Game Vol. 1
- The Art of World of Warcraft Cataclysm Hardcover Art Book
- The Art of World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft Vol. 1(DC Comics)
- World of Warcraft Vol. 2(DC Comics)
- World of Warcraft Vol. 3 (DC Comics)
- World of Warcraft Vol. 4 (DC Comics)
- Any other product: Game and expansion boxes, posters, StarCraft/Diablo products, or any other artwork made by Samwise Didier.
Artist Alley Location
SDCC Address and Map
SAN DIEGO Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101
Trackback from your site.