Blizzcon 2009: Amusing Blizzard-themed Restaurant Menu
Flux (Diii.net) and I shared a room at the hotel. When I entered the room, late night on Saturday after Blizzcon 2009 ended, he showed me a large paper. He walked by a restaurant, and an employee asked him if he was at Blizzcon. When Flux said yes, he handed him the Restaurant menu.
Flux gave me the menu to scan it for our audience. He considered it quitely funny, and indeed it is. The McCormick & Schmick’s Restaurant went through all the trouble to rename most of their menu and print it to catch attention from Blizzcon 2009 visitors. The menu got tons of references from Diablo, World of Warcraft and Starcraft II.
You can find this restaurant at 321 West Katella Avenue. Suite 109. Anaheim, CA. 92802
Featured Species: This Halibut was captured with a spear off of Gulf of Westmarch by Deckard Cain on the “Stay a while and Listen”.
- Kurast, Sea Scallops
- Kurast, Bay Scallops
- Dreadlands Rainbow Trout
- Lachdanan’s Duck Confit Tacos with Serrano Cream
- Pepin’s White Ale Steamed Manila Clams
- 14 oz. New York Strip Steak (also known as Wirt’s Leg)
- Lut Gholein, Ono
- Tilapia Cashew Twin Seas, Khanduras
- A Recipe taken from “The Horadrim Monastery Cook Book
- Farham the Drunk’s Creation
From the Kitchen of Tristram Village:
- Dreadlands Trout (Almond Crusted with Chive Beurre Blanc)
- Mahi-Mahi (Cajun Maple Marinated, Orange Beurre Blanc)
- Dark Wanderer Sea Scallops
- King Leoric Wild Swordfish
Check out other games’ references in the menu after the break.
- Noob Entries and Sandwishes
- Orcish Pancetta Wrapped Jumbo Prawns with Thai Barbeque Sauce
- Korean Style Beef Short Ribs with Stormwind City Marinade
- Nazjatar Raw Bar (Lots of Seafood options)
- Dark Portal Steak and Stuffed Shrimp Combinations
- Ner’zhul’s Creme Brulee
- Darkspear, Lobster
- Eld Druids Lobster Ravioli
- Death Knight Filet Mignon
- Grizzly Hills Blueberry Shortcake
- Zerus Atlantic Salmon (*Zerus is the Zerg homeworld)
- The Overmind’s Atlantic Salmon Zerus—stuffed with crab, bay shrimp, Brie Cheese, Chive Lemon Butter. A Favorite amongst the Zerg Swarm.
- Gerard DuGalle Barramundi (Queensland, Australia)—served every Monday aboard the DSS Aleksander
- The Federal Confederacy Atlantic Salmon
- Chau Sara Tilapia Parmesan
- Raynor’s Ling Cod Fish and Chips (Hand battered Ling Cod with Tartar Sauce and French Fries)
Trackback from your site.