Tomas Hernandez is owner of Blizzplanet.com since 2003. I post news about World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard Careers, and the Warcraft film.
Blizzplanet is a leading fansite covering news about upcoming Blizzard Entertainment licensed products. I also post previews and reviews. I have interviewed book writers and Blizzard game developers.
I was previously an employee of the OGaming Network (2003), and IncGamers (2008-2010). I was a guest newsposter for GosuGamers (World of Warcraft) a few years ago and for Diablofans.com (formerly Diablo3.com)
***Fans who would love to watch Blizzard-related panels and appreciate our efforts can support Blizzplanet's patreon in a monthly-basis, or a one-time basis. Our staff are volunteer fans like you. Your donatives will help us travel to all the Blizzard events we attend year-round.
LiquidSky is quickly growing through its beta phase. They have enabled beta points which are earned by either reporting bugs or referring new LiquidSky members. Down the line these beta points will be used for special raffles of products such as Netbooks, etc.
In addition, LiquidSky has brought Steam to the cloud which means playing Steam games on your Tablet. Members can now upload Blizzard games into the cloud to play on tablets.
Another benefit of LiquidSky is that players with old computers who can no longer run some Blizzard games, now are able to play Diablo III (for example) from Firefox or Google Chrome.
How about playing Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft from your Tablet? Awesome! Ever wanted to play Pet Battles, check Auction House, Mailbox, Garrison from your Tablet? Now you can. Join the LiquidSky Beta.
Josh Mosqueira and the Diablo III team held a panel in Las Vegas to showcase the transition of Diablo III from PC to the PlayStation 4.
Join key developers behind Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition as they discuss bringing a beloved PC classic to PlayStation 4 and what lies in store for the future. The team will discuss the challenges they faced, the origins of the Nemesis system, and how the PS4 version of the game influenced and evolved the PC version of Reaper of Souls.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a 3D Artist to join an unannounced game team. This is not for the Overwatch game nor for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
Something interesting is the job opening tweeted had a photo of the sign on the door with the words “There is no cow level”.
Now there are a few possibilities here. Either:
1. The sign is just an in-house joke, and the unannounced game has nothing to do with the Diablo universe. Or…
2. The unannounced game is related to the Diablo universe, and the sign is hinting at this. (“There is No Cow Level” is what the Cow King says when you open the gate to Wymsyshire in reference to Diablo II’s Cow Level.)
Regardless of whatever the sign means or whether it has no meaning at all, there are a few possible scenarios for this unannounced game to be.
What this unannounced game is NOT:
1. It is NOT StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. It was announced at BlizzCon 2014 and we have known the title name since 2008.
2. It is NOT a World of Warcraft expansion. Warlords of Draenor just launched.
3. It is NOT Overwatch. There is a list of job openings under the title OVERWATCH.
4. It is NOT the Next-Gen MMO Titan (that was officially cancelled a few months ago)
What this unannounced game might potentially be:
1. A Diablo III expansion
2. A Diablo-related game in a different Genre such as an MMO or card game?
3. New IP (not related to Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablo) in a genre Blizzard is familiar with or not familiar with. (Blizzard has demonstrated it is not the RTS exclusive developer. So far Blizzard has adventured into the MMORPG, CCG, a Brawler multiplayer game, and now a team-based shooter/FPS).
4. StarCraft: Ghost was never officially cancelled. It was merely postponed for another time. So it might actually show up someday unless Blizzard finally cancels it. Only thing is the storyline of the Nihilistic/Swingin’ Ape Studio/then Blizzard era is outdated. It might have to be either a new story or it might even have no single-player component like Overwatch which lacks one — which is a first for Blizzard.
For now, we won’t know what this unannounced game is all about until Blizzard makes an official reveal announcement either at GamesCom, PAX East or BlizzCon. Until then we can only hope and speculate.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D artist to work on Blizzard Entertainment’s next epic game! The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing, modeling, and texturing a diverse visual range of in game, real time environments, props, and characters. This person also has a solid grasp of form, color, and lighting for both 2D and 3D art assets to help bring our amazing universe to life. The 3d artist must also have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing).
A minimum of 3 years’ of experience in game development modeling, and texturing 3D assets using 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
Understanding of the Warcraft visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
A passion for video games
Have shipped AAA PC, or console titles, as a 3D environment or character artist
Experience with Mudbox, ZBrush, (or equivalent modeling programs)
Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders, and materials
Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to, figure drawing, and environmental and / or architectural illustration
Able to create stylized concept art and illustration
Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
As you may have seen lately, Blizzplanet is adding BlizzCon 2014 panel transcripts. If you weren’t able to go to BlizzCon, nor able to watch the livestream, then we hope you enjoy reading these transcripts.
If you attended or watched the livestream, then we hope you visit the panel transcript archive. So far these have been added:
Blizzard Entertainment started to roll the hype today toward the Diablo III: What’s Next Panel where they expect to reveal a few surprises for Reaper of Souls new content — including patches and new loot.
J!NX launched a new limited offer. The latest CRITICAL HIT Sale , allows fans to get 25% off all StarCraft and Diablo tees when you use promo code BUGSNDEMONS during checkout! Does not stack with sale pricing. This offer ends on October 16, 2014. Hurry up!
Blizzplanet member @Handclaw sent out new waves of photos taken on Thursday and Saturday. The photos hail from the Developer signing session, the Hearthstone: YogCast Live, and Cosplayers at GamesCom 2014.